Best Snake Boots For Hunting-Reviews & Guide
While going out for hunting in a dense forest might seem like an intriguing idea, everyone knows it is full of dangers. An adventure, which would without a doubt, include dodging around several of the deadly animals are insects which can harm you. You should go for finding the best hunting boots to keep you warm too . It like a gear item must have in winter when you hunting.
To escape these dangers, there are several safety measures you are required to do before you go on a hunting trip. These measures include wearing the right gear and having the right gadgets and supplied with you, but having the best snake boots for hunting is the most important thing you want there to be with you.
These will protect your feet efficiently against deadly bites by snakes and insects, but finding a nice and effective pair of such shoes can get pretty hard. Thus the following information will help you through the process of settling on the best snake boots for hunting
Why Do Hunters Need Them?
Imagine you’re going out on a hunting trip out in a forest. What would you observe in the surroundings? There are a lot of things you will spot, but the most important things are the obstacles.
All of them, which are ready to stop you and cause you some trouble while you’re at it. In that case, you’d want a protective layer over the most vulnerable part of your body at that moment, which is, the feet.
The feet are the closest things we have to the ground, where every small sinister thing hides, waiting for the opportunity to hurt you. Going there without any snake boots on will not give you any special protection will leave you vulnerable to the several hundred insects in between the grass, hidden away, ready to pounce.
Being ready for everything is important, which is why having the best snake boots for hunting is important as well. Following are some of the reasons why:
Protection Against Insect Bites
- Now this one was obvious, as the name indicates so too, but the boots are designed to cover the whole of the feet, until just above the ankles. They fit tightly and don’t leave any room for insects to slither in from the sides.
- The material is also hard, which cannot be torn apart, as well as provides sufficient protection against all harm. In short, any insect cannot go past the shoe surface, and so you can stay protected from all kinds of bites which can lead to poisoning.
Protection Against Harmful Substances
It has happened pretty often that there are small, pointy shoots in the ground, protruding from there, which can hurt you without you having a clue. But basically as a bonus, these shoes will protect against the shoots as well, keeping your feet protected
Better Grip On The Ground
- The forest ground can be pretty uneven and rugged, so these boots can perfectly help you in setting up the perfect grip onto the ground, so you never fall down and are always steady on your feet.
QUICK COMPARISON: Top 5 Best Snake Boots For Hunting?
LaCrosse Men's Alphaburly Pro 18" Hunting Boot
"Snake Guardz" Snake Protection Leggings
LaCrosse Men's Venom Scent APG HD Snake Boot
Irish Setter Men's 2875 Vaprtrek Waterproof 17" Hunting Boot
LaCrosse Men’s Adder 18” Snake Boot
Things You Must Know Before Buying Snake Boots
When it comes to snakes, it’s not a joke. To prevent any harm, you need to make sure you’re buying the best snake boots for hunting, and also the most appropriate ones for your trip. To do that, there are some vital points you should be aware of to be able to settle for the best.
The higher the coverage of the boots goes, the more protection you get. It is important to realize that snakes are living creatures, which are cunning and can slither up your leg without any problem.
You can’t take the risk of leaving any part of your body exposed, especially not your leg. So always go for boots which go well up to your knees at least.
The material of the boots is probably the most important thing you need to consider. The boots should be made of a material which won’t let the fangs of the snake penetrate through it.
Trusted materials include leather and others like it, but the requirement is for the threads of the material to be woven extremely tightly. And the poison of the snake should also not be able to absorb in the material, which can easily affect your skin if this happens.
While protection is important, the boots should also fit you in a way that is comfortable. After all, you have to walk by yourself, and it won’t be easy in uncomfortable boots. Don’t choose boots that are too tight or too loose. Choose just the right ones, so that they can help you stay relaxed instead of diverting your attention.
You need to make sure there aren’t any open spaces around the shoe. It should cover your feet and legs perfectly, like a second skin. No spaces in between to let the snake in. This is one of the things you should be very careful with, always, while choosing a pair of snake proof boots
Video from Youtube: Chippewa Snake Boot Test
5 Best Snake Boots for Hunting
1. LaCrosse Men's Alphaburly Pro 18" Hunting Boot
These boots have a lot more features to offer than you think. Many of its features make it eligible to be the best snake boots for hunting, as you’ll see down below.
- It is made of rubber, a tough material which won’t let fangs penetrate through, protecting the feet throughout.
- A 16” shaft, which is long enough to cover an essential part of the leg, thus protecting it all the way up as much as it can.
- The boot opening is also approximately 16” around, which isn’t too tight, but isn’t too loose either, which could cause danger.
- The shoes are flexible, which will enable you to move around much more easily and comfortably. They are also water prod, so your feet stay dry throughout.
- Has a great design that molds into the forest surroundings perfectly.
- The shoes feature an embossed liner, which helps in increased breathability for the feet, letting the air circulate through. This helps keep you comfortable.
We don't like
- In many cases the fit does not turn out to be perfect.
2. "Snake Guardz" Snake Protection Leggings
What makes this one special? Let’s have a look at the pros and cons.
- Made of a strong, Nylon material which provides full protection against all kinds of snake bites.
- Also designed in a way to protect against sharp plants and needles which get hurt you legs.
- Cover the whole part of the lower leg, up until the knees, protecting it all.
- Extremely lightweight and breathable to help you walk comfortably in them.
- Flexible to allow maximum movement out in the woods.
- Great color to mold into the surroundings.
We don't like
- Cannot be worn on its own, needs to be worn over a shoe to be affective
3. LaCrosse Men's Venom Scent APG HD Snake Boot
The following are some of the very impressive features of these boots:
- Available in a wide range of sizes so that you can always find your perfect fit.
- Made of a very durable leather and fabric which won’t let anything penetrate through it, thus not being able to reach your feet.
- 18” long shaft to protect all the way approximately up till your knee.
- A strong sole to provide amazing grip on the ground, as well as protection from all the sides.
- Color helps your feet to carefully mold into the grass.
- Extremely flexible to allow ease of movement.
We don't like
- The sizes are not always accurate if not paid a lot of attention while choosing
4. Irish Setter Men's 2875 Vaprtrek Waterproof 17" Hunting Boot
Let’s have a look at what these snake proof boots have to offer.
- Made of leather, a strong material to stand against any kind of penetration into the boots, including snake’s fangs.
- Rubber sole to provide a strong grip, along with comfort.
- 17” long to keep your leg protected up till the knees.
- Lightweight to help in ease of movement and comfort.
- Flexible design to increase the flexibility of your leg.
- Scent ban technology to help kill the odor causing bacteria.
We don't like
- The size might not be accurate enough to fit you perfectly, if not paid attention.
5. LaCrosse Men’s Adder 18” Snake Boot
Let’s have a look at the amazing things these boots have to offer.
- Strong leather fabric to fight off all kinds of penetration.
- Great design to mold into the forest surroundings.
- 17” high shaft to provide increased protection, up till the knees.
- Comfortable fit and breathable structure for added comfort while wearing the shoes.
- Greatly designed sole for better grip over the ground, as well as increased flexibility while moving around.
We don't like
- The sizes might be different from what you normally wear, and not be totally accurate.
When you go out for hunting, never neglect the importance of your safety. Take with you everything you have to, and snake boots are an essential thing if you are going in a forest, where snakes are likely to be there.
Never compromise on the quality of the snake boots, and always go for the best snake boots for hunting.
You May Also Like